When BJ and I were dating we said “I love you” more than anything else. It was totally random too. Yelling up the stairs, saying it every time one of us walked in the room, when we left each other or came home. As the years have gone by sadly we have decreased the frequency that we say I love you. It’s still a couple times a day, but not near as much and as random as it was when we first started dating.
Sam has rekindled this in our relationship. All the sudden she has been saying I love you mommy or daddy randomly. It melts my heart every single time, and reminds me how much it means to me to hear those words randomly throughout the day. Also, it reminds me how important it is for our family that BJ and I keep our love for each other strong and that our daughters see how much we care about each other every day.
I have a lot to thank our daughter for, but most recently it has been reminding me how much I love her father, and how important it is for me to show her and him that love.
1 comment:
Such a sweet post and definitely a good lesson Sam is teaching! It's amazing how much we end up learning from our kids, huh? Hope you're feeling good and can't wait to hear about your new arrival :)
Post a Comment