Sunday, August 14, 2011

39 Week Ultrasound

I have been very bad at keeping track of this pregnancy on the blog, so I'm trying to make it a habit to get her more often so that when the baby is born there are updates for those who want to see them.

I had an ultrasound Friday, which was the day that I hit 39 weeks.  At my doctor's appointment on Monday I was measuring small, so the doctor suggested we do an ultrasound just to make sure everything was looking ok.

The ultrasound went fine, and baby girl is still doing great.  She was measuring a week behind, but no one seemed real concerned with this information.  I have a follow up on Wednesday with my doctor so I'm sure I'll hear for sure then if they are concerned, but as of right now everything looks great.

It was great seeing out healthy little girl on the ultrasound screen again, but again made it real that she is going to be here in just a little while.  While I'm ready to meet her, our house and my work to do lists are bigger than ever.  If I can get her to stay put for at least another week, that would be great!  If not, we'll figure it out, and still be just as happy, but may have to bring her home to a messy house.  I doubt she'll mind.

I have been feeling wonderful the last couple weeks.  I feel like I got my second trimester energy burst about week 37.  I have been finishing projects, not as tired, and totally motivated (nesting I'm sure).  I'll take it because I know in about 2 weeks I'll be longing for this energy again.

No comments: