Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sam as a Big Sister

We are trying to prepare Sam for her role as big sister, which should happen within the next 2 1/2 months.  While she is not even two yet, and we don't expect her to "get it" until the baby is actually here, she does have one part of being a big sister down pat.  She understands that bringing the baby into the house is going to mean she is going to have to share everything from toys to mommy and daddy time with this new little person, and she's not thrilled about it.

A recent conversations:
Me: Sam do you want your little sister to come soon?
Sam: No
Me: Why not?
Sam: All Mine

Yesterday Sam wasn't feeling well, and just wanted to cuddle.  I kept telling her she had to move over because she was smushing her sister.  She finally got fed up and pushed my stomach and said "out the way sister".

I'm sure someday they will be very good friends, but I think this is a preview of what is to come the next couple months!

2 comments:

Christina said...

LOL - you are going to have your hands full!

Maribeth said...

Awww...I love those stories. You will have days that they drive you crazy and then they will kiss and hold hands and it will melt your heart. Or one sister will get sick or hurt and the other will be all concered. Enjoy the ride....it's a great one!