Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Henry Villas Zoo

On Sunday I convinced BJ that we should go visit the free Zoo in Madison. The Henry Villas Zoo is near downtown Madison, really close to Camp Randall where we had gone the day before. It was a little chilly out, so we stopped and got coffee at the place by our apartment (Beans and Cream) and we were on our way.


We got to the zoo and realized when we couldn't find a parking spot that something was going on that day. Turned out it was trick or treating day at the zoo. All of these adorable little kids in their halloween costumes were walking into the zoo. I do believe we were the only people there without kids. I would have taken pictures of some of the cute costumes, but the parents probably wouldn't have been to happy.

We somehow found a way to get out of the crazy flow of adults hearding kids, children in too big of costumes tripping over themselves, and dads pushing strollers, and ended up having a great day at the zoo.

For a free zoo they really had a lot to see. Our favorite was the polar bear. He was very active when we were there, and put on a show for us. When he dove into the pool, BJ and I both swore it was just a guy in a bear suit, the way his legs bent backwards looked so human.


We attempted to take a picture ourselves, this is the results. So we asked a man that was waiting for his family to take our picture instead. I think we made his day. He was very concerned that we picked the right place, and that we liked the picture he took. It was sweet.

It was a fun experiance, and I have a feeling it will be a great place next spring and summer to take people who visit us.

No comments: