Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Go Badgers!

Task #1 on our Tour of Wisconsin is Complete!

One of the first things I noticed when we moved, was how much these people love their football. Packer or Badgers, they are crazy about football. When I found this out, I knew I had to get tickets for BJ to go to a game. The University of Wisconsin Badgers Stadium (aka Camp Randall) is about 15 minutes from our apartment in downtown Madison.

We parked at my boss' apartment and walked a long way to the stadium. They have a path, I assume it's for the students walking from downtown campus to the stadium, but after "16 blocks" as Jason told us, and sneaking through a hole in a fence, we got to the stadium. I would have taken more pictures, but I realized on the way that the camera was out of batteries.

We found our gate, and got into the stadium and started walking up the ramp to the very top of the stadium. We were as high as we could possibly go, but the view was pretty good still.

Most of you know, I am not a fan of football, so I was not looking forward to going to this game, but one of my co-workers told me about the different traditions throughout the game, and he got me a little more excited about it. I swear I did more people watching then football watching, but hey I was entertained. At one point I thought the guys on the field were fighting, when in fact they were just starting another play. I didn't catch the words before they got out of my mouth, and BJ thought it was pretty funny. I am sure it's pretty entertaining to go to a football game with someone who knows nothing about the game and asks a ton of questions! The lady next to me was pretty entertained as well!

So thanks to the Sterken luck in the stadium, the Badgers won for the first time in like 5 games! It was, from what I watched of the events on the field, a good game too. All in all we had a pretty good time. It was a little cold though, and by the time the Badgers scored their last touchdown in the fourth quarter I was ready to leave, and walk back the 16 blocks, with another trip through the hole in the fence by the yellow train (yes, this is how we remembered our directions).

No comments: