Friday, March 5, 2010

Such a stinker

Sam is getting smarter by the minute. It amazes me that just 7 months ago she was so tiny and new and couldn't do anything for herself. Her little personality is showing through more and more every day.

We have been putting up a good fight against the sleep battle. Sam has slept in her crib three nights in a row, which is great. She didn't wake up at all the first night, and once the second night but went right back to sleep. Last night was a little bit more of a challenge, but eventually I did get her back to sleep. We bought a soother that plays music and has lights on it. Sam has learned that this soother puts her to sleep. Wednesday night I was putting her to sleep. I layed her down and turned her soother on, she stood up and turned it off (there is a big button on the front that turns it off). I layed her back down and she did it again, then looked at me and smiled. She is suck a smart little girl, and knows that she can get away with anything since she is so cute.

She has been eating a lot more "table" foods lately. Her favorite is still bananas. At daycare she gets all kinds of vegetables that Nancee makes for her, at home we usually just give her some of what we are eating. She really seems to like most foods. She really seems to like meat, though I'm not sure what she can taste of it from the small pieces she gets.

Mom and Dad McMurry are coming into town this weekend to stay with us. I am excited to see them, and I'm sure they are excited to have some one on one time with little miss. I hope that she is better than last weekend when she decided to be a momma's girl and not let me out of her sight.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather!

1 comment:

LC said...

I love the turning off of the crib soother! Classic! This is such a fun time when they are turning into their own little people- glad you guys are doing well! Can't wait to see more pics- hint, hint ;)