Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 Months



Sam is 3 months old today! I can't believe she has only been with us for 3 months. She is getting more responsive, and really recognizes me and BJ and our voices. She is starting to grab toys, but is more interested in just looking at them right now.


Daycare is going well. Sam really seems to like Nancee, and Nancee loves her. I have started taking a half day off on Wednesday in order to spend more time with Sam, and am really enjoying our afternoons together. BJ and Sam get to spend every afternoon from 3-5 together, and I think BJ really enjoys his time with her (when she is happy).


Sleep is kind of an issue right now, but we are seeing some hope just this weekend that she is getting the hang of it. Usually she will go down at 8:30, and then sometime in the middle of the night (lately either 12:30 or 2:30) she will wake up and just want to sleep with mom. We end up on the couch for the rest of the night. I have tried a lot of different things to break this habit, but feeding, changing, giving her a pacifier don't work, she just wants to be held. Thursday night BJ took the night shift, and Sam slept all night. This weekend BJ's parents watched her and she slept for 7 hours straight each night. We'll see what happens tonight.

1 comment:

Christina said...

She's getting so big. Hang in there! It will get easier!