Monday, June 1, 2009

How is it June already?

I woke up this morning, went into the bathroom to take a shower, and noticed that our atomic clock in the bathroom said that it was June 1st! I was shocked, for some reason I thought that we had more days left in May. As of today we are at 32 days left until Sam's due date. I am still trying to convince myself that that is just an estimate, and that she can come earlier or later than that. I am almost prepared at work, and feel like we are pretty prepared at home. We went to our childbirth class this weekend. I think it was a great opportunity for BJ (and me) to learn more about what is going to happen when we have this little girl.

This weekend was very low key. Friday night BJ went golfing with some new friends from his work. I enjoyed a much needed night in. Saturday we went to our class, and then went out with the Kooi's to BW3's for dinner. It's so nice to have them around, and that we get along with both of them so well. It was a great dinner.

Sunday we went to church and then a whole lot of nothing the rest of the day. We were planning on going to the zoo, but instead we ended up napping and watching TV. Oh well, maybe in a couple weeks we can head to the zoo.

This week Wednesday - Friday we are watching the Kooi's daughter Avery, while they head off to Napa. BJ and I are both looking forward to having her around for a couple days. We have to figure out some ways to keep her entertained though. Our house isn't very fun for a 6 year old.

Friday after work we are heading back to MI for the last time until Samantha is born. I am looking forward to heading home, but know that come Sunday it will be really hard to leave. It will be at least 2 months before we are back in Michigan, though I know we will see our families here in Wisconsin when Samantha comes. I sure will miss Samson though!

I hope to continue the Project 365 pictures, though they might not be updated as often as I would like. BJ and I are already finding it hard to figure out what would be semi-interesting for pictures, so we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Jen V. said...

Just wait until Sam gets here! You will have PLENTY of opportunities for interesting pictures! :)
Until then...lets see some belly pics! You look so adorable, and you will be happy to have some pictures of yourself while pregnant. Sam will like to see them someday too! :)