

The grounds that the castle is on, is used as a public park, and the area is kept up very nice. There are also soccer fields and walking trails around the castle.
After we visited the castle, we stopped in a cute fishing town on the way home, called Howth. It was a beautiful city, right on the water. On the ride home the bus driver showed us a little more of the city. It is amazing to me the amount of
construction that is going on around the city. If you look at this picture you can see all of the cranes that are downtown working on building that are being refurnished, or torn down to be replaced. In this area there were at least 20 of these cranes.
After the visit to Howth, we returned to the hotel, and BJ and I took a nap. After our nap we went to explore the city some more. Checking out St. Andrews Cathedral (I think) and the park on the grounds of the church.
That evening we went with a group of about 20 people to a Pub called Johnnie Fox's Pub. It was about a 30 minute crazy cab ride away, but it was so worth it. We had so much fun listening to traditional Irish music and just enjoying everyone's company. The driver that took us home, was sure glad when we finally got to the hotel I'm sure. I've got lots of pictures from the pub, but they are on the camera that I don't have the cord for. This was so far the best experiance we have had in Ireland, it was so much fun, and the food was amazing!
I'm off to bed, but wanted to at least catch you all up on day 2.
Hope everyone is doing well!
1 comment:
Wow! It looks like you are having a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures too. Looks gorgeous!!
Post a Comment